Friday, January 7, 2011

Order Royce Chocolate Usa

gosh ...

To make a long story short: Johnny wanted a mincemeat pie. So I made mince pies ...


Most mincemeat mixtures containing beef fat (which seems to me there, is quite replaceable by another fat that does not come from dead animals). Everything is in the spices, the taste and texture. I've never tasted the true traditional mincemeat I think, so I no idea what I'm making this pie. I'm only inspired by several recipes found on the web and I made an attempt in trusting the vague distant memory that Johnny had. The test seemed successful, so I'm sharing my recipe.

Mince Pie-not-meat

1 / 2 cup butter 1 apple
extra large peeled and cut into very small cubes 1 cup
apple juice 2 cups

raisins 3 / 4 cup candied orange peel
a little lemon juice
1 / 2 cup brown sugar 1 tbsp molasses

1 pinch salt 1 large tbsp
height of all-spice (allspice) 1 tsp nutmeg


1tsp cinnamon 1 tsp cloves
a dash of pinot after cooking

boil the apple juice and apple butter with raisins and zest for a good half hour until it is VERY soft. Add remaining ingredients and simmer a little longer. Skip
half of mixture in food processor. Mix together and place it on your favorite pie crust and bake.



0 comments:

Post a Comment