Saturday, November 6, 2010

Back To School Phrases

Iron Chef Challenge - mashed potatoes

WARNING: This post blog contains the "Iron Chef Challenge: Mashed Potatoes" as the "Things that Went Wrong in the Kitchen." You've been warned.

I decided to Vegan MoFo Iron Chef to participate in the Challenge, launched here by Katie of Do not Eat Off the Sidewalk .

The challenges Iron Chef idea is this: an ingredient, be creative and invent a recipe with a secret ingredient. No rules other than to be original. And for this challenge, the secret ingredient is ... of mashed potatoes!

The mashed potatoes for me, not bad the ultimate comfort food .. I remember spending a night hospital fasting younger and when the doctor allowed me to eat the next day and asked me what I wanted, I asked for a giant plate of mashed potatoes.
And besides, it's a side dish that goes so well with all the great meals of spectacular all gatherings like Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc ... With gravy, seasoned, plain, with the savory like Grandma made them with the stuffing ... as souvenirs and meals associated with those famous potatoes!

Well then, what I had in mind was a bit bizare to this challenge. I wanted a little color, a bit like plasticine or these mixtures paintings that I love so

In addition, the fridge had some leftover red cabbage that had to go and I'm always fascinated by the color change when I wash a dish full of purple cabbage and it turns blue with soap. So ... the idea comes from that. Chou = color. Mashed potatoes = clay. Duchesses Potatoes = colorful cupcakes above ...

I started to take me a little glass of wine ... then cook the potatoes ...
Then cabbage. A red version (with cider vinegar pomme_, a blue version (with baking soda).
I started with mashed potatoes kind.

then garlic and parsley.

then the fun stuff: purple. unfortunately a bit too runny

and blue.

but the basic idea was to make rosettes roasted in the oven. which unfortunately écrapouties.


and then I forgot the last part stained broil in oven. perhaps a bit too many glasses of wine ...


I would have wanted it looks like this ...

but this is the result ...

0 comments:

Post a Comment