Saturday, November 6, 2010

R4 Evento Arceus Soul Silver

ingrédients vegan de base

to continue my line of Vegan MoFo, here are some ingredients that I can not do without, but with which I was not so familiar a few years ago:

- nutritional yeast
not to be confused with the active yeast to make bread. nutritional yeast is yellow and contains lots of vitamins and is found in most health food store and sometimes in grocery stores. It tastes a bit cheesy, but it's a taste that grows, that some people sometimes do not at the first attempt. For use on almost everything, especially sprinkled on pasta, soup or popcorn, but also as an ingredient in sauces, breadcrumbs (mixed with flour and bread crumbs) and vegan cheese recipes home.
- miso
this wonderful fermented dough! again, probably a taste that grows. Sometimes I feel like very dark miso brown rice or barley grown old long, other times I feel like a more mellow miso and white. Not only is the best foundation stock that is (what could be more comforting than a cup of miso soup on a cold day), but excellent for onion soup, the broth to the bottom of the vegetable stew roasted in the oven, sauces, etc.. I even put on my toast.
- flaxseed
to freshly grind the coffee grinder. Full of Omega 3. sprinkled on cereal, sandwiches, tomato to thicken dips, soups or other things. and especially to replace eggs in muffins, cakes or cookies (1 egg = 1 tbsp ground flaxseed + 3 tbsp water)
-liquid hickory smoke seasoning
perfect for everything that needs to taste a little BBQ ... the parcels of vegetables, seitan sausages, etc.. There are in most grocery stores. dried shiitake mushroom

TRIPP I completely on the shitake. I boil the dry and sometimes I eat them all at once. The taste, texture ...! The broth is delicious and more reuse.
Vegenaise
too-better than the real full egg mayonnaise. I eat with a spoon. And moreover, no danger of food poisoning. The only problem: a jar does not last very long here aa home ...
-legume
We not eat so often, but sometimes I crave chickpeas or other legumes. I usually buy chickpeas, kidney beans and black cane, because it is long enough to cook when dry and should be soaked before. But the lenses are just 30-45 minutes from time to time, so I cooked it myself and it gives the opportunity for a great soup with lentils, cumin and coriander
-kale (kale)
One of my new favorite vegetable from spinach. Kale is so much green vegetable mat to have lying around in the fridge. To put in salads, sandwiches, soups, crispy chips in the oven ...
-large boilers olive
often a bit too salty or vinegar depending on the brand, but it's so nice to have on hand to put in salads, pasta, make the tapenade, or Simply take a small bowl before dinner or add a few at the bottom of a martini glass.
-spices and herbs needed:
chives, curry, cumin, coriander, soy sauce, dill

0 comments:

Post a Comment